I made this pattern for Charlotte. I want an easy and fast pattern to make. This is it.
Baby Baseball Hat Crochet Pattern
Other name: Cute Newsboy Hat Crochet Pattern
by Effi GratiaProject.com
4 mm crochet hook
5 mm crochet hook
Lily Sugar n Cream (main color), about 3/4 skein
Lily Sugar n Cream (contrasting color), about 1/4 skein
Tapestry needle for sewing in yarn ends
The pattern is for 3-9 months old baby only.
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
fpsc – front post single crochet
The Top Part
1. Magic circle
2. Using 5 mm hook, ch 2 (count as dc), dc 10, sl st to the first dc, turn (total 11)
3. Ch 2, 2dc on each st, dc on the last st, sl st, turn (22)
4. Ch 2, *(dc, 2dc), rep * around, dc on the last st, sl st, turn (33)
5. Ch 2, *(dc, dc, 2dc), rep * around, dc on the last st, sl st, turn (44)
6. Ch 2, *(dc, dc, dc, 2dc), rep * around, dc on the last st, sl st, turn (55)
7. Ch 2, dc on each st around, sl st, turn (55)
8. Repeat step no. 7 four times more
9. Change to 4 mm hook, dc on each st around, sl st, break yarn, leave 4 inch tail and weave in loose end. (55)
1. Using contrasting color, skip 14 st to the left, attach yarn. Fpsc on each st until total 27 stitches, turn
2. Sl st, sc, hdc 2, dc 2, 2dc on the same sticth, dc 13, 2dc on the same stitch, dc 2, hdc 2, sc, sl st, ch 1, turn
3. Sl st 3, sc 2, hdc, hdc & dc on the same stitch, dc 15, hdc & dc on the same stitch, hdc, sc 2, sl st 3
Using contrasting color, sc around the brim and the hat. Tie off and weave in loose end.
Enjoy your new hat!